As reported by Daily Racing Form’s David Grening, Eric Wing announced last week that he would be leaving NYRA at the end of the current Aqueduct meet, putting the organization in need of a new director of communications and media relations.
Posted on the NYRA website, the qualifications for the position are:
- 10+ years of strategic PR/ Corporate Communications experience.
- Significant experience working in Governmental Affairs required.
- College degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Superior management skills.
- Outstanding relationship-building, collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong experience in crisis management.
- Strong knowledge of regional, state and national non-racing media sector.
- Knowledge of thoroughbred racing desired.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work at all three NYRA racetracks (Aqueduct Racetrack, Belmont Park, and Saratoga Race Course for 7 weeks during the summer) and to work holidays and weekends.
Full job responsibilities and application info here.